July 17, 2014 by frappesocial
A lot has been going on with social media the past years. The number of people and businesses who still got doubts on the impact of social media on their brands have significantly gone down. This is good news for the social media managers, content creators, bloggers, community managers and online marketers.
The question is, ‘How’s social media doing?’
I read an article from Social Times about social media facts and figures with an infographic originally from Digital Insights. The article highlighted some significant numbers that might help more brands to reconsider their wrong ideas about social media marketing (that is if they are still in doubt until today).
Here are some of the figures the infographic highlights:
- 75% of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours.
- 53% of interaction between Google+ user and a brand is positive.
- 44% of users on Twitter have never sent a tweet!
- 84% of women and 50% of men stay active on Pinterest.
- More than 2 users sign-up for LinkedIn every second.
- 23% of teens consider Instagram as their favourite social network.
- Weekends are the most popular time to share Vines.
- Number of snaps sent per day on SnapChat is 400 Million. (Yeah! that’s true)
- 40% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile.
- B2B marketers using blogs generate 67% more leads
Those who are still not considering social media marketing as part of their efforts for their brands, should look closely at these numbers. These numbers could be the reason why they will increase revenues for their business, or at least help their target audience know more about them.
This year, social media is getting stronger–yes, it gets more complicated–but that just shows that a lot of things are going on. You ought to be worried if something is just being constant and not evolving.
Social media is not ‘keeping it cool’ and be stationary. Social media is growing and evolving into a marketing machine that will continue to make an impact for brands and businesses.
Here is that infographic that Digital Insights shared. See for yourself.
Your turn: Do you have other reasons to share why brands should consider social media seriously?
Rey M. Baguio is a Social Media Entrepreneur and Online Marketing Consultant. He started his career online as a content writer until he got hooked with anything that has something to do with social media and marketing online. Today, he has been helping not only businesses but also aspiring freelancers to understand how social media and digital marketing can make a difference for them.